A few lopsided games occurred Friday night in Faulkner County football action, with all Faulkner teams with playoff aspirations.

Starting in Conway, the Wampus Cats once again trailed by 14 points after Fort Smith Northside scored on a 39-yard touchdown pass by Derrick Deuce Wise and also converting the two-point conversion, making the score 21-7 with 9:17 left in the third quarter.

Conway senior running back Cary McClain broke through the Grizzlies stout defense for a 76-yard rushing touchdown three plays after the Northside score.

The Wampus Cats would force the Grizzlies to fumble and Conway took over from the Grizzlies 17.

With a short field, the Wampus Cats quickly drove down to the 1 on runs by sophomore wide receiver Bryce Bohannon and senior quarterback Jovoni Johnson.

With just one yard to go, Johnson fumbled which led to a Northside recovery.

However, the Grizzlies couldn’t do anything off the turnover.

On the other hand, Conway did take advantage of the defensive stop when Johnson connected with senior wide receiver Will McKenna for a 14-yard touchdown pass, with 16 seconds left in the third quarter.

The touchdown tied the game at 21.

Conway would once again stop Northside and took over at its 34.

The Wampus Cats would drive down to the 1 again, hoping this time to punch it in.

That is exactly what happened when junior running back Luke Bailey scored, making the score 35-21, which would be the final.

Conway picked up the maximum 13 points for the standings and still has its eyes on the No. 2 seed in the 7A Central.

In Greenbrier, the night looked promising, taking an early 7-0 in front of their homecoming crowd.

However, that was the highlight of the night for the Panthers as Harrison began showing why it has started this season undefeated and has consistently been a top 5 team in the rankings.

The Goblins eventually went up 21-7 before quickly putting up another 19 points on the scoreboard before the first half was complete.

When the final buzzer sounded the scoreboard flashed a crushing 40-7 defeat by Greenbrier.

In Vilonia, also in front of a homecoming crowd, the Eagles scratched and clawed their way to a 28-25 win over Farmington.

The Eagles struck in the first quarter, going up 6-0 after a missed extra point.

Just 12 seconds into the second half, Farmington would take a one-point lead.

Vilonia would surrender the lead easily, answering the Cardinals almost three minutes later, leading 14-7 with 8:03 left in the first half.

Farmington would again score, this time tying the game at 14 on a touchdown pass.

With 2:03 left in the first half, the Eagles would once again show they wanted to win the game, scoring on a rushing touchdown, going up 21-14.

Out of the break, the Cardinals couldn’t answer Vilonia’s last touchdown, this time opting for a field goal, which brought the score to 21-17 with 10:01 left in the third.

The Eagles would push their lead to 11 on another rushing touchdown.

In the closing moments of the third quarter, Farmington lined up for a field goal, but the Vilonia defense broke through the line and blocked the attempt.

Looking to extend their lead, the Eagles would be intercepted on a tipped pass, which was returned to the Vilonia 1.

The Cardinals would score with 10:54 left on the clock, making the score 28-25.

However, this would be the final score as Vilonia picked up its third win.

In Little Rock, the Mayflower Eagles proved to be too much for Baptist Prep as the Eagles jumped to an early 14-0 lead.

Mayflower would tack on another 15 points before the end of the half before coming away with a 37-0 win over Baptist Prep.

In 2A competition, the Conway Christian Eagles showed why they are the class of the 5-2A, beating Quitman 42-15.

The Bulldogs entered the week with one last on the season, but they would prove to be no match for the Eagles.

CCS quickly struck for a 13-point lead before hitting hard for a 42-15 first half lead.

Quitman would add 15 points in the second half, but it was too little, too late for the Bulldogs.