Saturday afternoon’s basketball game between the University of Central Arkansas Sugar Bears and Northwestern State will have several touches of pink.
UCA’s athletic department is teaming with Conway Regional Health Center for the annual Women’s Basketball Coaches Association Pnink Zone game. The game will begin at 2 p.m. but activities to benefit and advance breast cancer awareness will begin earlier.
The festivities include:
• Cancer Health Fair, including health screenings and free information
• BAGGO tournament-style competition from 12:30-1:30
• Door prizes and giveaways, with registration beginning at 12:30 p.m.
• Halftime ceremony honoring cancer survivors
• Game of "knockout" during halftime between UCA athletics administration and Conway Regional administration
• A drawing win a new TV donated by Best Buy.
The first 300 fans will receive a free Pink Zone T-shirt, and Zaxby’s will provide free food to the first 500 students at the game.
Admission for fans wearing pink will be a $2 donation to the Conway Regional Cancer fund.