FAYETTEVILLE (AP) — Marcus Britt’s layup in the final minute of overtime lifted Arkansas to a 77-76 win over No. 22 Kentucky on Wednesday night.

The Razorbacks trailed 76-75 in the extra period, and the Wildcats had possession. However, Jeff Peterson stole an errant Kentucky pass and found Britt at the other end of the court for the game-winning layup.

Arkansas (17-9, 6-6 Southeastern Conference) improved to 1-3 in overtime this season and gave coach John Pelphrey his first win in four chances against his alma mater.

Rotnei Clarke led Arkansas with 26 points and Marshawn Powell added 22.

Kentucky (19-8, 7-6) had three shots in the final seconds of overtime. The last was a desperation 3-point attempt by freshman Brandon Knight after an inbound play with 1.8 seconds remaining.

Knight scored 26 points for the Wildcats, who fell to 1-6 on the road in SEC play.

Arkansas led by as many as eight points three times in the first half, with Clarke and Powell leading the way with 12 points each. The Razorbacks hit their first four shots of the game and went up 17-9 after Clarke’s second 3-pointer.

Powell then scored the next six points for Arkansas, including a jumper to go up 23-15. After a dunk by Kentucky’s Josh Harrellson, Clarke followed with an inside basket to put the Razorbacks up 25-17.

Arkansas then began to cool off after the quick start. The Razorbacks shot just 14 of 34 (41 percent) in the half, and following Clarke’s basket, the Wildcats went on an 11-2 run.

Darius Miller had a pair of three-point plays to ignite the run for Kentucky, and Deandre Liggins connected on a 3-pointer to put the Wildcats ahead for the first time since the opening minute at 28-27.

The lead was short lived, with Arkansas going up 29-28 after Julysses Nobles got loose on an inbound play with 1 second remaining on the shot clock and scored inside. Clarke pushed the lead to 34-30 with a drive, but Harrellson scored inside as the halftime buzzer sounded to pull Kentucky to 34-32.

Arkansas, the worst team in the SEC in rebounding margin, outrebounded the Wildcats 20-19 in the half.

Kentucky opened the second half on a 9-2 run to take a 43-37 lead after a Liggins basket inside. The Razorbacks responded with a 10-0 run to go back up 47-37, with Clarke hitting seven straight free throws during the run.

The teams settled into a back-and-forth affair after that, trading the lead seven more times. Knight put the Wildcats up 70-68 with a jumper in the final minute, but Nobles collected his own miss on the following possession and then drove in for a layup to tie it at 70.

Knight had a pair of open 3-point attempts on Kentucky’s final possession in regulation, but both missed to send the game into overtime.